Friday 13 February 2009

(13th Feb) Best intentions.....

I took a call this afternoon to hear that the roll-cage has been delayed by another 10 days.
Great.

Best-intentions and all that now gone to pot. I deliberately factored in some "slippage" time in getting the car track-ready for mid-march; in_that the very LATEST I wanted the cage fitted was this week. We are already c2 weeks down on that.

Slippage time? Why? I hear you ask. Well.......this project has all the soundings of complete "arse" written all over it ergo: I have been taking measurements for a specific roll cage fitting independently, which is never a good thing.

So, taking everything into accoint, I estimated I would need to get the cage fitted this week latest, as there could well be some "WTF is this?" and "WTF is that doing there" and even worse "it doesn;t fit, you'll need a different seat if you want the HANS device to work properly" *things* to happen.

Apparently the cage "is" fabricated, but they cocked-up the mounting of the harness bar, so it is/would be fouling the angled section of the bulkhead near the A-pillar. Fair-play to Elgan (Hot-Lap) in that he is starting again from scratch - so as not to influence the overall integrity and strength of the cage, but it has delayed the plan for 2 weeks.

So, best case now is that it goes to Steve Williams c23/24th Feb, and then needs 20+ hours of cage fitting + additional workshop time for a whole host of other tasks - which doesn't leave much margin for error as I have x2 test days booked in Mid-March.

I have some faff to do over the weekend - namely refitting some parts i took off last week but it's annoying I'll lose another week now...Oh....cock.

No comments:

Post a Comment