Wednesday 11 February 2009

(11th Feb) : Colin Chapman

Colin Chapman said:
"More power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere"

Generally, this first year is all about getting race experience. My aspirations are all about not disgracing myself and - mechanical reliability allowing - finishing as many races as I can - I'll leave any fine-tuning weight stuff - lighter flywheel; ally bells, CF seat; until next year.

That said, I am adding c20 KG's to the car with the cage. AND, one of the 111s wheels is bent.
So, where there's an opportunity to replace, why not upgrade?

These ROTA wheels (the black ones - pictured) cost £500 and save a kerbweight of 10 KG's, which is tiny compared to the unsprung weight saving.

I think they look better than the std wheels as well. We'll see at the weekend...



No comments:

Post a Comment