Thursday 29 January 2009

(29th Jan) Race calendar







Right, it looks as if I've sorted all my entries for the year. I'm *only* doing x5 race weekends (from a possible nine). The reason being:
a) Budget
b) Car prep / availability.

The full calendar for the UK Elise Trophy (and also the Lotus Cup Europe) can be found here:
http://www.elisetrophy.com/Calendar


  • Snetterton: 13-14th June
  • Brands Hatch GP (WTCC & F2): 17-19th July
  • Donington Park: 15-16th August
  • *Cadwell Park: 12th Sept (*TBC)
  • Silverstone: 10th October

What I've discovered in this process (of confirming race entries that is) is a (sometimes irresistable) urge to compete in every race on the calendar. Some people have done this in their first season. For me, it will be impossible. The first race of the season is at Donington Park on 18/19th April however, I don't think there's any chance i'll be on the grid for then. I need time to familiarise myself with the car - ok several years chugging round tracks in a VX220 is one thing but this will be different and there will no doubt be some glitches between now and race #1 (Snetterton for me).

This week has mostly been spent faffing in the garage getting measurements for the HANS device (separate post about that to follow). For ET racers there are 2 or 3 cages to choose from which fit the S1 Elise. A lot of people choose not to race with a full roll cage but for me it's a pre-requisite. What i've found is that the manufacturers of these cages haven't taken into account that people want to race with a HANS device, so have not built in any adjustments in the cage for the height of the harness bar. You only have to look at the HANS fitting instructions to see how important that is:

http://www.stand21.fr/hans/images/Page-31-2.jpg

Anyway more to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment